Jacob's choice / Ervin R. Stutzman.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Oswayo Valley Memorial Library.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Potter-Tioga Library System. (Show)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Oswayo Valley Memorial Library||CF STU (Text)||30723000325069||Inspirational||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780836198751 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0836198751 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: 389 pages : illustrations, maps, genealogical tables ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Expanded edition.
- Publisher: Harrisonburg, Virginia : Herald Press, 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 375-386).
Jacob Hochstetler lives peacefully with his Amish family at the foot of the Blue Mountains of Pennsylvania. His beliefs are severely tested one night in September 1757, after a raid on the Amish settlement near Northkill Creek leaves his wife, daughter, and a son dead, and their home in ashes. Jacob and two teenage sons are captured and taken to different Lenapi Indian villages, unsure of their fate. After a long, hard winter in the Lenapi village, Jacob makes a harrowing escape downriver and returns home to Northkill, only to find all that he has known and loved are gone. Will Jacob and his sons ever be reunited? Can Jacob find romance, reconciliation, and happiness amidst the ashes of his former home?"--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Amish > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- Return to Northkill ; book 1
- Stutzman, Ervin R., 1953- Return to Northkill ; bk. 1.
- Stutzman, Ervin R., 1953- Return to Northkill ; book 1.
Patron Reviews:Series: Awards: Similar Books: Other Editions: